Waste Build Limited
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, Waste Build, “us”, “we” or “our” is the data controller. Waste Build/We means Waste Build Limited. Should you need to contact us, please contact us at email@example.com or please write to us at: Marketing Manager, Waste Build Limited, Hove Town Hall, Tisbury Road, Hove, BN3 3BQ, UK.
What is covered in this policy?
This policy covers all personal information collected and used by Waste Build. “Personal information" means any information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information held by us) enables you to be identified as an individual or recognised directly or indirectly. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. Gathering of your personal data We may collect information about you from different sources detailed below.
Information / data that you provide to us:
When you access and browse our website (including when you register or enquire about an event, or fill in forms on our website), and when you correspond with us by phone or email or other electronic means including social networking websites, you may give us information about yourself.
The information you give us may include:
- your name and title;
- payment processing information;
- postal address;
- personal/work email address;
- landline and/or mobile telephone number;
- delivery details;
- dietary and access requirements;
- your photo;
- your social media account details;
- information about your employment (including your job title, responsibilities and employer’s details); and
- your marketing preferences.
Information / data that we receive and collect from other sources:
We use the following cookies:
Facebook pixel targeting cookie
Used to monitor advertising campaigns with 3rd party submitted data, https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217, https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update?ref=old_policy
Google Analytics performance cookie
Google Adwords targeting cookie
Used to monitor advertising campaigns with 3rd party submitted data, https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB, https://policies.google.com/privacy
Google DoubleClick targeting cookie
Used to monitor advertising campaigns with 3rd party submitted data https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en https://policies.google.com/privacy
YouTube cookies targeting cookie
3rd party tracking of video usage https://policies.google.com/privacy Twitter cookies Twitter Targeting cookie Used to monitor advertising campaigns with 3rd party submitted data https://twitter.com/en/privacy#update
LinkedIn cookies targeting cookie
Used to monitor advertising campaigns with 3rd party submitted data https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/87080/linkedin-marketing-solutions-and-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr-?lang=en
Google Tag Manager functionality cookie
Container for all tracking cookies. https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can activate the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Our use of your personal information
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal data. Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. You should know that no matter what legal basis applies, you always have the right to request access to, rectification of and deletion of your data under data protection laws.
We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
How we may use your personal data:
Purpose of using your personal data:
The lawful basis for us processing your information:
- To provide you with products and services we may use your personal information to allow us to meet our contractual obligations, or to offer you products or services relevant to your business and professional interests. We require your personal information as a necessity to performing our contractual obligations.
- To provide a product or service that matches your requirements we may use your personal data to enable us to understand your requirements and enable an experience relevant to your business or professional interests. We have a legitimate interest in providing you with a service that meets your requirements.
- To continually improve our events and service to you we use information such as your email or telephone number to contact you to collect feedback from you to improve our services. We have a legitimate interest in enhancing and improving our service to our event participants.
- To update our website to display exhibitors and speakers contact details to prospective visitors and attendees of our events we may share your name, organisation and job title to inform visitors about the details of our events. We have a legitimate interest in keeping you up to date with our service offerings and details of our events.
- When you apply for a position with us either directly or via an agency we use your information that you provide to us, including your CV, references and other recruitment information. We have a legitimate interest in processing this information for our business and to keep you informed about your application.
- To notify you of any changes to our services we have a legitimate interest to ensure that you are kept up to date with any changes including in relation to our events, products and services.
Sales, customer service and administration
- To respond to product and service enquiries either online or by telephone we will use personal information such as your email and telephone number to provide you with information relevant to your enquiry, transaction or registration. If your query relates to a product or service you have purchased, we have a contractual obligation to use your personal information to respond. If your enquiry is about a product or service, we have a legitimate interest in using your information to respond to allow us to provide a tailored offering
- To ensure our database is maintained we may use your information to maintain our database and ensure our records are kept up to date and to keep you informed of products and services that may interest you. We have a legitimate interest in ensuring we are offering you products and services relevant to your current requirements.
Marketing and research
- To tell you about special offers for products we may use your personal information to offer you products or services relevant to your business and professional interests. We have a legitimate interest in providing you with products and services are relevant to your requirements.
- To promote further participation in our events, products and services we may use your personal information to qualify your relevance for further participation in our events. We have a legitimate interest in using your information to determine these opportunities.
- To send you segmented marketing emails with event news and content we may use personal information like your email address, company, job function and product/service preferences to create profiles and send you targeted communications relevant to your business or professional interests and ensure you receive messaging that is relevant to your requirements. We have a legitimate interest in using your data to ensure you receive messaging that is relevant to your requirements
- To contact you for research purposes to improve our events we may use your personal information such as your email and telephone number to collect feedback, enhance our offering, pilot and launch new products. We have a legitimate interest in continually improving our products and services to our event stakeholders.
Web and technical
- To troubleshoot and diagnose any technical problems with our systems to improve our service to you and for system administration purposes in relation to our website and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing and research. We may use personal information such as your IP address to resolve any technical problems. We have a legitimate interest to resolve any technical problems, for the provision of our administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and maintain our network and data security.
- To analyse how you use our website we may use personal information such as cookies and tracking technologies. We have a legitimate interest in continually improving our website to meet your requirements and to enable us to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
Event, exhibition and conference
- If you have agreed to participate in our events, we may take photographs and videos of attendees, exhibitors, speakers and sponsors to use for promotional purposes. We take photographs and video at our events for educational, news or promotional material, in print, electronic or other media, including on our website and on social media. We have a legitimate interest to use such information to promote and grow our business.
- We will collect data regarding your attendance at our events. We will scan your badge to allow you to gain entry to our events and determine that you have attended one of our events. We have a legitimate interest in collecting and analysing this information to help improve your experience and network effectively with our exhibitors.
- To analyse attendee movement around our events using an app or other location data we may use this information. We have a legitimate interest in using this information to continually improve our events and service offerings.
- Where you are an exhibitor at one of our events, we may share your information with our third parties to help deliver our services during the events we may need to share your name, email, telephone number, organisation and job title with third parties such as subcontractors to set up the event space to the requirements you specify e.g. in terms of stand construction and furniture. We have a legitimate interest in using your data to improve your experience and deliver appropriate and relevant services
Legal and contractual
- To allow us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you when you have purchased any goods or services from us we may use your personal information such as email, telephone, or postal information. We are required to use your personal information to allow us to fulfil our contractual obligation to you.
- To comply with applicable legal requirements or to defend legal claims we may be subject to we may be required to use your personal information to comply with legal requirements, e.g. insurance, financial, health and safety etc. We have a legal obligation to process your personal information in this way.
- To comply with health and safety regulations exhibitor details may be provided to the venue management when there is food provided on the stand. We are required to use your personal information as it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations. It is also in our legitimate interest to ensure the health and safety of all visitors and attendees at our events and in relation to the provision of our services.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if any member of Waste Build or substantially all of its assets be acquired by a third party, in which case personal data about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Waste Build.
Retention of personal data
Waste Build will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. Your rights You have certain rights in relation to your personal information.
- The right to access your information: you can request access to the personal information we hold about you and information about how we process it.
- The right to correct your information: to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete information completed.
- The right to object to, or restrict, us using your information: in certain circumstances you can ask us to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The right to delete your personal information: you can request to have your personal information erased.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages: you can do this easily by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to portability of your information: you can ask us to move, transfer or copy your information so that you can use this information in a different service.
To exercise these rights or to prevent such processing please either use the “unsubscribe” link found in all our marketing correspondence, or email us email@example.com.
If you have given us your contact details, we may use these (in accordance with any preferences you have expressed) to send you marketing messages by email, post, phone and social media to keep you aware of what we're up to and to help you see and find our products and services. This includes sending details of special offers, services and promotions from Waste Build.
As part of running our business, Waste Build has a legitimate interest to promote our products using marketing messages to existing customers and/or those in a negotiation with us for a sale or service, unless you have asked us not to.
When we collect your personal data, we give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those marketing messages by simply clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your right to complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authorities if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. If you have such concerns, we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details below) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.